The Capitals wrap-up their three-game road trip tonight against the Stars at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. The Capitals are on a five-game winning streak entering tonight’s contest with the Stars, but haven’t beat Dallas since 2008.
The Capitals held morning skate today at American Airlines Center. The practice lines for morning skate:
Stanislav Galiev replaced Michael Latta during morning skate and looks to get the start tonight. Braden Holtby will get the start in net tonight for the Caps, however, Coach Trotz said Philipp Grubauer will get a game next week. Tonight’s goalie match-up provided by @CapsGoalies:
Brooks Orpik participated in morning skate this morning:
Brooks Orpik at morning skate #CapitalsTalk pic.twitter.com/xSEHOrYtpl
— steve farrell (@capsbigbossman) February 13, 2016
Evgeny Kuznetsov particpiated in practice this morning and is cleared to return to action tonight against the Stars.
News and Notes
- As per Isabelle Khurshudyan, Trotz said it’s Orpik’s call on when he plays. Indicated it would be next week. Maybe on Tuesday.
- As per Mike Vogel, Washington’s most recent win against Dallas came on the night of Oct. 25, 2008 when Caps center Sergei Fedorov surpassed Alexander Mogilny for the all-time lead in goals scored by Russian-born NHL players.
- Washington’s 40-9-4 record marks the team’s best start (in terms of points and wins) in franchise history and the Capitals’ 40 wins mark the most victories through a team’s first 53 games in NHL history.
- Washington Capitals goaltender Philipp Grubauer, forward Michael Latta and defenseman Brooks Orpik will participate in a practice with children from the Fort Dupont Cannons and the Kids on Ice program on Monday, Feb. 15, at 6:30 p.m. at the Fort Dupont Ice Arena in Washington, D.C. More info here:
- The Washington Capitals and DC Public Schools launched District-wide Street Hickey Curiculum. The Capitals developed a PE curriculum and donated equipment to introduce the district’s 48,000 students to hockey as part of $1.6 million investment toward growth of local youth hockey. More info here:
Capitals aim to end losing skid against Stars (WaPo)
Caps Conclude Road Trip In Dallas (Dump N’ Chase)
Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom is making his shots count (WaPo)
Evgeny Kuznetsov passes concussion evaluation and is expected to play Saturday (WaPo)