The Washington Capitals returned to practice this morning (Thursday) following their victory over the Ottawa Senators last night. The Capitals will next play host to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday night at Verizon Center. Puck drop is 7:08 PM EST.
Braden Holtby stopped 26 of 27 shots on Wednesday against Ottawa to extend his point streak to 13 games. Holtby’s 13-game point streak is the longest by a goalie in the NHL in 2015-16 and longest by a Capitals goaltender since Jose Theodore during the 2009-10 season. NoVa Caps complete game recap and videos can be found here:
As per Isabelle Khurshudyan, “(Tom) Wilson answered questions for more than 13 mins about match penalty that will probably be rescinded. He was a pro about it.”
According to Katie Brown, “(Tom) Wilson said former Caps defenseman and noted tough guy John Erskine texted him last night and said “Hey, good job, clean hit.”
- The Capitals have recalled Connor Carrick from Hershey and re-assigned Aaron Ness to Hershey today.
- Tom Wilson does not have a disciplinary hearing scheduled with the league after his hit on Ottawa’s Curtis Lazar Wednesday, the Caps have confirmed to Chuck Gormley.
- As per Isabelle Khurshudyan, NHL can’t confirm Wilson’s match penalty has been rescinded. But Caps say they’ve been in contact with the league and he’s expected to play.
- The International Ice Hockey Federation announced its 2016 Hall of Fame inductees and two former Caps made the cut. Peter Bondra and Sergei Fedorov.
- The Capitals have cancelled morning practice for tomorrow (Friday).
Tom Wilson expected to play after Wednesday’s match penalty (WaPo)
Capitals recall defenseman Connor Carrick, reassign Aaron Ness (WaPo)
Capitals getting more production out of bottom-six forwards (WaPo)
Hershey Bears D Madison Bowey learning the ropes as an AHL rookie
Capitals forward Andre Burakovsky struggles to regain scoring touch (WaPo)
Capitals are undefeated when leading after the first period (WaPo)
Taylor Chorney’s first fathers’ trip comes better late than never (WaPo)
Capitals embrace new dietary supplements to improve performance (WaPo)
Evgeny Kuznetsov’s success this season is owed in part to his friend Pavel Datsyuk (WaPo)
Andre Burakovsky: ‘I’m not even close’ (WaPo)