The Washington Capitals ended their weekend in Florida yesterday (Monday) and headed to Gotham City for tonight’s tilt against the New York Rangers. This is the Capitals first visit to Madison Square Garden since the decisive game 7 in the playoffs last season. Tonight’s puck-drop is 7:08 PM. For a comprehensive game preview, click here:
1st PP Unit: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Johansson-Oshie-Carlson.
2nd PP Unit: Kuznetsov-Burakovsky-Williams-Orlov-Niskanen.
Looks like Taylor Chorney, Stanislav Galiev and Michael Latta are the healthy scratches for tonight’s game. Dan Boyle and Emerson Etem out late for the Rangers this morning and likely healthy scratches tonight.
News and Notes
- As per Mike Vogel: for first time in franchise history, the Capitals have gone 10 games into regular season without a fighting major.
- The Caps are 4-0 on the road this season. They have never started a season 5-0 on the road.
- Washington finished October ranked second in the NHL in shots against per game (25.5), tied for third in wins (8), fourth in the NHL in goals per game (3.40) and fifth in power-play percentage (24.1).
- Evgeny Kuznetsov ranked fifth in the NHL in points per game (1.30) in October and seventh in points (13).
- Current Las Vegas odds for winning the Stanley Cup: Chi 9/1, Mtl 9/1, Dal 10/1, NYR 10/1, Wsh 11/1, LA 12/1, StL 12/1, TB 12/1, Min 14/1, Pit 14/1…
- There are still tickets available for Caps Casino Night, to be held Saturday, November 14th at the Sheraton Pentagon City hotel. Got more information, you can click here:
Capitals haven’t forgotten emotions of losing to Rangers in playoffs (WaPo)
Dmitry Orlov knocking off rust (WaPo)
For Capitals’ John Carlson, extra work is yielding significant returns (WaPo)
Capitals’ Stephenson living his brother’s dream (CSN)
Capitals power play is in the middle of a slump (WaPo)
Capitals’ Alex Ovechkin approaches NHL record for most goals scored by a Russian player (WaPo)
Michael Latta: ‘It’s been tough’ to be scratched for five straight games (WaPo)
Capitals’ Chris Brown is stuck in hockey’s no-man’s land (WaPo)Jason Chimera proving he’s ‘still got it’ (WaPo)
Capitals drawing momentum from penalty kill (WaPo)
Prospect Report: A big week for Chandler Stephenson (CSN)
Caps Take On Canucks in Vancouver (Dump ‘N Chase)
Private museum lets Mitch Korn relive every moment of his hockey career (WaPo)
THIS DAILY REPORT IS UPDATED IN REAL-TIME, AS NEWS AND OTHER NOTES EMERGE, UNTIL 5 PM EACH DAY. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.